Congratulations Hugh Mackay
We are delighted to announce the winner of the 2019 – 2020 BetaShares Student Grant.
Griffith University student Hugh Mackay has been awarded $5,000 for his original and well-presented idea.
We wish to thank all students for their hard work and thoughtful submissions.
Overview for 2020 – 2021 Grant
For the third year running, BetaShares, one of Australia’s leading ETF managers, is offering the chance for a chosen recipient to receive a Grant towards educational costs or resources to assist with their studies, as well as the chance to have their work featured in the Insights section of the BetaShares website and via BetaShares social media channels.
This ETF Student Grant offers BetaShares the opportunity to showcase the exceptional intelligence and innovative thinking which Australian university students are able to manifest as exemplified in the design for one of the world’s fastest-growing and disruptive investment products.
In 2020-21, the total Grant value remains at AUD $5,000. This will be paid by the Promoter directly to the Australian bank account provided by the eligible winner.
All Grant applicants must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian tertiary education institution and have at least one year of study remaining to complete their degree.
Directors and employees of the Promoter and its related companies and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
To apply for the BetaShares ETF Student Grant, you must submit a piece of work (maximum 1,000 words) that will provide insight into a new ETF you recommend that BetaShares should consider creating.
Each application should be prefaced with the following:
- A short outline of what you study and how this scholarship is relevant to your faculty of study (if not business or finance).
- A personal statement as to why you believe you should receive the scholarship; e.g. financial hardship, strong academic results, career ambitions etc.
The proposed piece of work entry must include all of the following components:
- A detailed description of the ETF strategy you are recommending, including details of a proposed investment methodology.
- Details of why you believe such an ETF will have demand from Australian investors in the ETF marketplace and which target markets you would expect this to be popular in.
- Information that indicates that this product is unique/not currently offered in the Australian ETF market.
- Where possible, information as to how you think this investment strategy will perform in various market conditions.
- Example marketing/distribution strategies by which to sell this ETF to investors.
Eligible entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period by submitting their entry by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Entry Period commences on 29th June 2020 at 09:00 am and closes 11th June 2021 at 23:59 pm (“Entry Period”). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are based on Sydney, Australia time.
Entries must include:
- Your full name.
- The details of your tertiary education institution, your area of study and the name of your course. This information will be validated at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Contact details including your email address and phone number.
Entries must be typed in English and submitted in PDF or Word format. There is no entry fee. Eligible entrants can only enter once and in their own name.
An entry must be the entrant’s original work. If an entry is found to be plagiarised, whether wholly or partly, it will be treated as invalid. This clause operates despite any communication of the result of the competition.
Each piece of work will be assessed on the level of research; the clarity of expression; the level of creativity; along with its structure, language, the accurateness of information and wording. Personal statements will also be considered as part of the selection criteria.
The winner of the Grant will be selected on the basis of the best-written entry by a panel of judges selected by the Promoter. Judging will take place from 14th June 2021, at Level 6, 50 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000.
The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website www.betashares.com.au on 28th June 2021.
Note: The Promoter is BetaShares Capital Ltd (ACN 139 566 868 / AFS Licence 341181) of Level 6, 50 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000.