*Information on Facebook’s removal from the Fund: On March 23 2018, the Responsible Investment Committee of the Fund determined to remove Facebook from the index that ETHI is designed to track, and accordingly from the ETF. For more information on this see BetaShares Media Statement
Provides simple, cost-effective and transparent exposure to a portfolio of sustainable, ethical companies from a broad range of global locations.
The Fund owns stocks that have been identified as “Climate Leaders” that have also passed other eligibility screens designed to exclude companies with direct or significant exposure to the fossil fuel industry or engaged in other activities deemed inconsistent with responsible investment considerations.
- Recognised as a responsible and ethical investment option by Australia’s leading certifier of responsible investors, the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
- “Climate Leaders” are selected based on relative carbon efficiency
- Additional eligibility exclusion screens are applied to remove companies with material exposure to: fossil fuel, gambling, tobacco, armaments, uranium/nuclear energy, destruction of valuable environments, animal cruelty, chemicals of concern, mandatory detention of asylum seekers, alcohol, junk foods, pornography, ESG related reputational risk or controversy, human rights & supply chain concerns
- A core component of a global equities allocation providing transparency and diversification benefits in addition to being consistent with ethical and sustainable objectives
- Tactical exposure to global equities
- Diversification – with a single trade, investors can get exposure to a diversified portfolio of sustainable, ethical companies from a broad range of global locations
- Cost effective – Fund tracks the performance of an index (no ‘active manager’ fees)
- Large company exposure – strategy invests only in large global companies
- No W-8 BEN forms and no US estate tax implications for investors – simplified tax administration, unlike cross-listed alternatives
- Transparent – portfolio holdings, value of the Fund’s assets and net asset value per unit available daily on our website
- Liquidity – available to trade on the ASX like any share
How to Invest
- You can buy or sell units just like you’d buy or sell any share on the ASX
- Fund requires no minimum investment
1. The Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certification Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that any financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. Appropriate professional advice should be sought prior to making an investment decision. RIAA does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence. www.responsibleinvestment.org